Public Relations & Digital Media Coordinator
Organizational Background: Stateside Affairs is an award-winning, woman and minority-owned government affairs and public relations company based in New Jersey. Founded in 2015, the company’s reputation for success has garnered both state and regional recognition for its work in public affairs, print and digital communications. As industry leaders, our team prides itself in delivering plans that are beautifully designed and skillfully executed, gaining our clients nationwide recognition for quality work. Stateside Affairs is recognized for its work in high-profile projects for clients such as Queen Latifah, Emerge NJ, the Elizabeth Coalition to House the Homeless, and the City of Perth Amboy.
In 2022, Stateside Affairs won the Gold Stevie® Award in the international, 19th annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business. Stateside Affairs was the only U.S. company to be named a Finalist in the Social Media Team of the Year category, ultimately winning the Gold Stevie®.
- Writing, editing, and distributing press releases and other articles
- Assisting in the creation and execution of a strategic plan for all social media channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Writing content and creating graphics for all social media channels mentioned above
- Managing and updating websites
- Designing flyers, evites, and other marketing collateral
- Assisting in planning, writing copy, and scheduling email marketing campaigns while also helping develop new email marketing strategies
- Writing copy for text message marketing
- Covering breaking news, public meetings and/or events
- Creating content calendars to manage social media postings and articles/press releases
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Working knowledge of photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Bilingual is an asset
- Preferably someone who majored in journalism, public relations, communications, or marketing
To Apply: Send an email explaining your background, experience and why you are interested in this position. Send your resume to [email protected] along with your cover letter, resume, and writing/design samples.
Accepted on an Ongoing Basis
Internship Details: The intern will work directly with the diverse Stateside Affairs team across a wide variety of nonprofit and private sector clients. This position is currently unpaid but available for school credit. A small stipend may become available depending on travel and future funding decisions. We request a minimum commitment of 20 hours a week, with up to 40 hours a week available. Scheduling is flexible and some work can be done remotely.
What You’ll Learn:
- Marketing, public relations, and communications strategies across a wide range of mediums and industry sectors
- Gain understanding of government and general public relations as well as nonprofit and social justice causes
- Online management tools to schedule social media posts
- Collaboration techniques and tools that will benefit your long-term career
To Apply: Send an email explaining your background, experience and why you are interested in our internship position. Send your resume to [email protected] along with your cover letter, resume, and writing/design samples.